- Neutron 2 Advanced
- Release year: 11.2018
- Version: 2.02.3166
- Developer: iZotope
- System requirements: OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion) – macOS 10.13 (Sierra) \ Pro Tools 10-12, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9, Cubase 9, FL Studio 12, REAPER 5, Reason 9.5, Bitwig Studio 2, Studio One 3, Nuendo 8, Sonar, Digital Performer
- iZotope – Introduces an intelligent mixing plugin – Neutron. The plugin includes the first technologies in this direction Track Assistant and Masking Meter. Oriented to simplify and improve the efficiency of the mixing process, Neutron combines the latest analysis and measurement innovations with industry-leading audio processing audio processors that provide unprecedented focus and transparency in your mixes.
Track Assistant scans audio and offers custom settings as starting points for processing your track. Intelligent analysis allows you to automatically identify tools, recommend the placement of EQ nodes and set the optimal settings for other modules. You will still maintain full control over all your decisions while mixing, but the Track Assistant will give you more time to focus on what matters most – your creative outlook on the mix.
Masking Meter allows you to visually identify and correct perceptual collisions between instrument frequencies, which can lead to masking between, for example, guitar and vocals, bass and drum, as well as solve other issues that can lead to “clouding” or excessive overflow of the mix. Easily tune each track to cut out haze and unleash new sound possibilities.
Neutron can be used on every track, offering zero latency and efficient processor utilization. With a leading static / dynamic equalizer, two multiband compressors, a multiband transient shaper, a multiband exciter and a peak limiter, the user will hear clearer results and spend less time on settings.
– Automatic detection of various instruments – vocals, dialogue, guitar, bass and drums and the use of spectral molding technology to provide clarity and balance for each track.
– Get recommendations on the optimal starting points for settings using the Assistant Track, including EQ nodes, compressor thresholds, types of saturation, etc.
– Divide the sound space with the revolutionary Masking Meter to help each instrument sit better in the mix.
– Achieve an ideal-sounding mix with five main processors integrated into one console with a purely digital or warm vintage sound style.
– Support for surround sound for audio post production.
– Possibility of using plugins individually: equalizer, compressor, transient shaper, exciter.